Wednesday, November 17, 2010

i'm truly impressed

Have you watched the finale of Junior MasterChef?? If you did..then, you know what I'm talking about.
Man,, I'm so jealous. I was a bit sad my favourites are not the finalist..but, it doesn't really matter cause I love Jack n Isabella too. They were really awesome! Truly great cook. Isn't it amazing that at such young age, they already know what they want to do in the future?? and they really..really had a go for it..?
Well, let me tell you something, when I was a kid, you know we had to fill up those some sort of report card or something at school..and they asked you to list down the top three list of what we want to be when we grow up. Do you have that? or is it only in my school? Anyway, u must have thought about it when you were a kid right?? And I remembered one of the things I wrote was to be a contractor [this is hugely inspired by my dad of course.what can i say, i'm daddy's little girl ;)] and what else..hmm.maybe a teacher or something.. I'm sure all of you had wanted to be something when you were a kid..an astronaut, a doctor, a fireman, a policeman, a superman..yup, you know that..:D

That day I called my mom and we chat a lil' and then our conversation came across this.

Mama : Mama ingat lagi dulu yan pernah cakap kat mama nak keje kat SAJ bile dah besar..kan? [btw, SAJ is Syarikat Air Johor]
Me : Haha,,, ye ke? tu bukan ira ke? [ i seriously didn't remember this.:P]
Mama : Ye la kot. Eh, entah la..antara korang dua orang la..
Me : Haha. Ntahlah yan pun xingat.heheh. maybe kot. *more giggling*

So, my point is..kids have their own interpretation of what they want to do when they grow up. And mostly they will be influenced by the people around them, by the one they look up to. It's pretty funny to think about those old days..[haish,,feeling pretty old already.=_=]

Back to the masterchef thing. Yup, they make me feel like I'm moving in a senseless direction. I mean, I'm not even sure what I want to be. If you said to me do what you love to do.. then I'll say I love to do so many things..drawing, scribbling, designing things, reading, writing, being a part of an organizing team, helping people, volunteering, getting to know other people, traveling, taking pictures, baking, cook a lil bit,..and the list goes on and on.. :P See, I'm confused with all these vast interest I had...and I truly don't know to go in which direction.
That's when Allah came to help. He knows what best for us. Of course, Allah wants the best for us or else, why would He create us?
But, to get His help, we must pray and obey His orders, right?

So, I'm depending on His guidance to what's best for me. We didn't know what's best for us. Just like one of the ayat in Al-Qur'an which I wrote so many times already..:)

"..and it maybe that you dislike a thing which is good for you and you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know.." (Al-Baqarah:216)

What I can say is, we planned, we made an effort, but God make it happen. So, I'm here now in Aussie, studying in University of Melbourne. That happened for a reason. And for now, I'm gonna do my best in my studies.. no matter which route I took..even if I'm not sure what I want to do in the future..I know Allah had planned something for me far ahead. And I just have to work for it with what I have now..:) Maybe I'll own a big company one day, who knows? haha.

This post is mainly about encouragement to those who still have their exams or who will take their exams in the near future..or who had already finished their exams..or who feel a bit down due to certain things..so, hope this post will give you something to ponder upon..cheers! ;)

1 comment:

Junior MasterChef 2010 - Isabella Bliss said...

Read http://paidcritique.blogspot.com/2011/07/junior-masterchef-2010-isabella-bliss.html -a blog that is contributed to the grand champion of Junior MasterChef, Isabella Bliss. Congrats and Take care.

Read the tips and suggestions about cooking.