During those 19 years I've lived in this world, I've never quite noticed you before. Truthfully speaking, before this, you were like someone who I knew existed but I didn't really make an effort to know more about you. When we bumped into each other once in a year, I just smiled at you and if you're lucky, sometimes I might said "Hi!" but without further conversation. I knew who you were back then. I knew. But, I just don't have the intention to get to know you for the real you. Forgive me for that, ya Ramadhan.
This year, I've been introduced to you weeks before you came. Weeks before I've finally got to meet you in person. And I've tried to prepare myself. I've many things I planned to do with you. And I wish to fulfill that list. I know, we can only planned but Allah is the one who make it happen. But, it doesn't change the fact that we need to try and make an effort to do what we planned to do.
I heard that there were so many great things happen when you came thousands of year before this. The Muslims fight in Badr, Mecca was opened, the Holy Al-Qur'an was sent down by Allah..and many other great things, subhanallah. I wish I too can achieve great things with you.
Whenever you came along, amazingly, I wanted t0 improve myself to be a better person. So does everyone else. Your presence had affected so many people that everyone wanted to do as many good deeds as they can. But sadly, those goals are just goals and no effort had been done to make it come true.
I took you as granted ya Ramadhan. Now, it strucked me, like the spear that went to Mus'ab bin Umair's chest during Uhud. I don't know if I'll have the chance to meet you again next year. I don't even know if I'm going to meet you tomorrow. This is where I'm wrong all these years. I thought, "Well, next year..next year..I'm going to change myself. Next year, I'm gonna turn over a new leaf." Now, I asked myself. "Why next year? Why not now?".
Oh Ramadhan, how I wish that we can meet you all year round. So, that I can always be cautious in what I'm doing each and every second to get the "berkat" from you Ramadhan. To maintain the momentum until the end of of the period of being with you is hard enough. When in fact, the remaining last days is the most important night of all. It is the night better than a thousand months. The Lailatul Qadr. Because sometimes, I am too focused on Syawal, I forgot about the most important night to be with you. I hope that I'm not going to let that happen again.
And I sincerely hope that, the momentum did not stop after you passed by. I hope when your brothers and sisters..Syawal, Zulkaedah, Zulhijjah, Muharram, Safar, Rabi'ulawal, Rabi'ulakhir, JamadilAwal, JamadilAkhir, Rejab and Sya'aban came along to stop by, I'm going to treat them as I treat you Ramadhan.
So, ya Ramadhan let us be good friends for the remaining days I have with you. Ok? Cool, I hope we can hang out like best buddies ;) InsyaAllah.
2 comments:
love this post
thnx :)
Post a Comment