Tuesday, February 21, 2012

and the journey begins

Salam wbt ;)
These past few days have been very...*pause*...interesting in many ways ^^. I don't know what to expect, but the truth is I'm both excited and scared. So far, I'm thankful to Allah had given me the strength to do it, Alhamdulillah..

Everything we do is based on our niat. As stated in the hadith below,

Narrated 'Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him), reported: Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) said, "The deeds are considered by the intentions, and a person will get the reward according to his intention. So whoever emigrated for Allah and His Messenger, his emigration will be for Allah and His Messenger; and whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration would be for what he emigrated for".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
One of the most important thing that I learnt these past few days, is that, I need to constantly reminding myself to check my niat (intentions) so that I'm doing this solely for the sake of Allah, inshaAllah. I found it interesting that this hadith is placed first in Hadith 40. It shows how important it is to have the right niat in doing everything we do. We didn't realise that sometimes we did things to please other person, or we did things to make ourselves look good, or we did things because we were forced to do so. It can also turn out that at first we did things for the right intentions, but along the way, the intentions changed due to some circumstances. I think the majority of us will agree that our heart is the most uncontrollable part in our body. We think and feel differently. Sometimes we will faced a situation where we have to make a decision based on what our brain think is right or what our heart feel is right. Such a complicated thing, right? That's why Allah remind us to make a decision and put our trust solely to Him. We must be 100% confident that in the end Allah knows what's right for us.

May Allah guide us to the right path. May everything that we do be for Him only. And may we be rewarded for that in Jannah.