But, lately I've been clumsy and careless..=_=
One evening,two weeks ago, I lost my phone at the university tennis court.
I think it slipped off my bag or my pocket. After finished playing, I went around and looked for it.
But, I couldn't find it. So, I decided to just go home. My coach asked me if there's anything wrong, and I told him about my lost phone. He said he'll helped me look for it. I thanked him, and I walked back home.
I can't actually described my feeling. I know the phone is not as valuable as an iPhone or Blackberry.
I sort of feel a bit uneasy but not really depressed about it. I don't like to stress myself. So, I thought to myself that if the worst case happen, I'll just use my other phone that I brought from Malaysia. I don't know why but I had a strong feeling that somebody will find the phone.
At home, I tried to phone my lost phone few times hoping that somebody will hear the ringing and found it. And later that night, I told my mother about it. My mother of course was worried and asked me if I already cancelled the sim card. And, I actually forgot to do that =_=. And I said I'll call the company next morning as it was already late at night. My mom persuade me to call them that night, as she's afraid somebody might stole the phone and use it.
So, I tried to phone the customer service, but as I suspected nobody answered. So, I decided to just call next morning. Next morning, I went to class and during the break, I called the customer service again but, no answer..heh. To save the trouble and not wasting time waiting for them to answer, I decided to just go to the shop and cancel the sim card there after I finished class. So, I was on my way to the shop when I suddenly thought of going to the sport centre first to see if somebody had found the phone. I went to the counter and asked the lady there. Andddd,,,Alhamdulillah,,,thank God...an honest person, had found it and gave it to them..:) At that time, I'm just thankful to Allah and glad that there's still an honest person in this world. I know how lucky I am because I lost my phone once and I never got it back..
Another story is about the similar experience but it was not my phone this time. It was something more valuable than that.
I was at the ERC to do my assignment. I borrowed the laptop from the counter and sat at a table to do my assignment. We can borrow the laptop up to 3 hours, and as I had no class that morning, I sat at the ERC for almost 3 hours. As I went to return the laptop to the counter, I saw on the counter a pink purse. I was quite shocked as it looked the same as mine, and I looked twice from far and yup, that definitely looked exaclty like my purse. I checked at my bag, oh crap..I lost my purse and I didn't even realised it was MISSING!!!!!!!! (>_____<)"
I said to the person at the counter, "Ermm,,I think that's mine". She didn't look really convincing as I said it really casually. So, she checked my ID with my driving license in the wallet. And yup, sure enough..it was indeed my purse.. She said to me, "You are really lucky." I said thanks to her and I walked away as I was so quite shocked from the experience. It was happening really fast. Now, I feel really bad as I should really thanked that person or whoever that found the purse. When I was walking away to my class, it really hit me that it would be really bad if I lost the purse. Inside the purse was almost everything..ID, money, debit card..and all sort of valuable things. As compared to my phone, I valued my purse more. I'm really, really thankful at that time. This is another way of Allah showing me to be thankful and grateful for Him, and for the honest person that still exist in this world.
One important lesson that I learnt from here is that, we know Allah watch over everything that we're doing and He will always take care of us..but, we should not take granted of what we have. Of course we know nothing will happen without the will from Allah. But first, we must put an effort to do our best, tawakkal and put trust in Him. Just like a hadith I once heard..
One day Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) noticed a Bedouin leaving his camel without tying it and he asked the Bedouin, “Why don’t you tie down your camel?” The Bedouin answered, “I put my trust in Allah.” The Prophet then said, “Tie your camel first, then put your trust in Allah” (At-Tirmidhi).
I'll be more careful next time,,InshaAllah. And hopefully you can learn something too.
5 comments:
you are very lucky girl =)
kak fairuz !
hati2 lain kali :)
i know!!! haha..:)
i'll definitely be more careful next time! >____<
haha..cmne boleh lupa~ ish3..
btw..update your blog please..:D
haha,,=__=
xde ideaa...
Post a Comment