Thursday, May 17, 2012

the 22 year old me

Salam wbt,

InsyaAllah, I'll begin with how grateful I am that Allah had given me countless of blessings throughout my 22 years of life in this world.  Alhamdulillah. It's so funny how time went by just like that. They say, the older you are, the wiser you be. I hope I am :) When you were 2, all you think about is play, play, play. When you were 12, you started to be more conscious about your look, no more childish stuff. You want to be just like someone in the television. And now when you are 22, you look at those stuffs you thought and care about back then, and just laugh at it. Now, you have more serious stuffs you need to think about. Like, where do you plan to work, what sort of job you want to do, which car do you want to buy, how much salary do you want to make, where do you want to settle down and maybe have family, kids etc. Ok, you might think, "Hey, isn't that too early to think about that stuff? We're still young, no need to think about having kids already, enjoy your life!" Haha. The thing is, whether you like it or not, we need plans for all of that. Cause we don't know when it might happen. Even though it's not a concrete plan, just being aware of all the things that might happen in the near future will help you to be prepared. Scary, really. But, that's a fact of life. Everybody will grow up eventually. 

Looking back in all those years, I'd never imagine, I'll be the person I am today. Thanks to Allah's guidance, my parents, my family and people around me.. Alhamdulillah, I'm still learning and learning, to be a better servant to Allah, the Almighty.. to be a better person that will benefit the ummah. I'm praying that in many years to come until I die, inshaAllah, I will still be in this path, bringing Islam to its Glory. Amin~

The 22 year old me
^^



1 comment:

nmasturas. said...

selamat duapuluhduatahun hidup di dunia :)